Visiting Diver Permits are open to all non-Australian residents that are certified cave divers. The permit is non-transferable and upon issuance you are a diving member of the CDAA for 3 months, subject to its Constitution and Regulations.
- Please lodge application at least 6-8 weeks before your arrival.
- Download Visiting Diver Permit Application, print and fill it in.
- Nominate your CDAA sponsor (must be a current diving member of CDAA). The sponsor's responsibilities can be found in our Regulations.
- Scan the completed application form, a dive log of all dives (including non-cave dives) completed in the past 12 months and your certification cards. Ensure that you scan to PDF format.
- Email PDF files to Publication Director: firstname.lastname@example.org for assessment.
- You application will be reviewed by the CDAA National Committee to determine your CDAA qualification level (Basic Cave, Cave, or Advanced Cave) based on the evidence provided.
- If approved, we create a membership account for you. You will be advised how to login to the members area. From the secure members area you can:
- Pay your Permit fee. This is currently $AU 100 which entitles you to full CDAA diving membership for 3 months.
- Upload a passport quality photo.
- Download application and indemnity forms, complete them and upload scanned copies.
- Make dive bookings.
- Access the members document library and other content including 'Guidelines' our quarterly club magazine.
- Upon our acceptance of your passport quality photo, a visiting diver permit certification card will be issued showing your full name, photo, diving qualification level and date of permit expiry. It will be mailed to you or your sponsor.