Visitor Diving Permits
Visiting Diver Permits are open to all non-Australian residents that are certified cave divers. The permit is non-transferable and upon issuance you are a diving member of the CDAA for 3 months, subject to its Constitution and Regulations.
Please Note: This permit is not applicable for Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents. Qualified Cave Divers from other agencies who wish to become CDAA Diving Members are required to complete a cross over course with a CDAA Instructor. Please email the Standards Director for further information.
- Please lodge application at least 6-8 weeks before your arrival.
- Complete the Permit Application Form Here
- Nominate your CDAA sponsor (must be a current diving member of CDAA). The sponsor's responsibilities can be found in our Regulations.
- Download and complete a Log of Cave Dives Form documenting your completed cave dives in the past 12 months. Scan and upload the log of cave dives form and your certification cards. Ensure that you scan to PDF format.
- Upload the above two documents to the Permit Application Form and submit for assessment.
- You application will be reviewed by the CDAA National Committee to determine your CDAA qualification level (Basic Cave, Cave, or Advanced Cave) based on the evidence provided.
- If approved, we create a membership account for you. You will be advised how to login to the members area. From the secure members area you can:
- Pay your Permit fee. This is currently AU$50 which entitles you to full CDAA diving membership for 3 months.
- Make dive bookings.
- Access the members document library and other content including 'Guidelines' our quarterly club magazine.
- A visiting diver permit certification card will be issued showing your full name, photo, diving qualification level and date of permit expiry. It will be available as a digital card via our website or mobile app.